2 new confirmed active cases on St. John, 6 total. Please be vigilant, wear masks, wash your hands and stay 6 feet apart. For latest covid19 information visit: https://www.covid19usvi.com/
Big news from today’s press conference: negative Covid-19 test required for all states that have test positivity rate of 10% or more (data based on John Hopkins University). Effective July 15th. Test can be up to 5 days old and is required for age 15+. Current list of states: Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Mississippi, Nevada, South Carolina, Texas. If no negative test is presented, self quarantine for 14 days or test upon arrival and quarantine until test negative. Antibody test max 4 month old works too. Effective immediately all bars have to close. No alcohol sold after 11pm. Restaurants can continue to serve drinks but no counter service. Beaches close 4pm on weekends and holidays.
The US Virgin Islands are back open since June 1st. There is a lot of uncertainty as we navigate the new normal we don’t know what the re-opening will bring but one thing is for sure, being on a paddleboard is about as safe as an activity gets during this pandemic and we have implemented measures to make sure the reservation and delivery process is as safe as it gets.
In-line with the governor re-opening the USVI for tourists, we are open for paddleboard rentals. We deliver the paddleboards to the villas, usually the evening before the rental starts and we ask our guests to pay online and sign the release prior to delivery so the deliveries will be no contact. We will still mount the soft racks and load the boards for you and are happy to give you recommendations on where to paddle when delivering the boards.
A few changes due to covid19:
- Please reserve boards in advance here https://www.sup-stjohn.com/paddleboard/contact-us/ or via text to 340-514-5527 at least 24 hours in advance, no last minute I want boards now calls please we need time to sanitize equipment and pre-arrange paperwork. If weather does not cooperate or if you have covid related travel issues you can always reschedule free of charge.
- We ask for advance payment online via card or paypal or you can have an envelope with cash in the correct amount ready upon delivery.
- We will not be renting snorkel gear even with careful desinfection you never know we don’t think these are the times to share breathing equipment. We strongly recommend you purchase and bring your own masks. If you want to rent fins (which are bulky to carry), you can rent them for 20$ per week. Please let us know your shoe sizes in advance.
- All equipment will be desinfected upon pickup and before each delivery.
- We will be wearing masks for delivery as long as the mask guidance is in place
- We will not be doing lessons in the water for now but we can give you a quick run down of what to do and how to get up at your villa upon delivery