After a spike in covid-19 cases on St. Thomas (they saw 55 new cases on one day this week, for a population of 55.000 that is huge). Governor Bryan has reverted the territory back to phase orange “stay at home”.
- Hotels and accomodations are to stop accepting new check-ins effective 19th for 30 days
- All non-essential business ordered closed effective August 17th
- Beaches open on weekends until noon effective August 17th
- Restaurants take out only effective August 17th
In line with that order we have are picking up our last boards this weekend and have suspended all board deliveries. Our yard is getting crowded again with way too many boards
On top of the covid-19 pandemic the Atlantic Basin is showing very favorable conditions for hurricane development and quite a few storms are expected to make their way here in the next 6 weeks. So we are busy preparing for storms, repairing/building the last shutters and moving boards into storage.
We have applied for SBA, PPP and PUA but not like many others not received any funds yet, things are moving slow down here. Many people have asked how to help local businesses during these difficult times
- Write a postive review on Tripadvisor or Facebook
- You can order T-Shirts here
- Put down a deposit for a future board rental or pay gratuity here
- Purchase a gift certificate for a paddleboard rental here or powerboat charter
Almost all restaurants sell gift vouchers and almost all shops will ship orders for souvenirs etc.
We thank our customers for their support during these difficult times and are looking forward to seeing you when all this is over