The US Virgin Islands will be back open for visitors on June 1st. There is a lot of uncertainty as we navigate the new normal we don’t know what the re-opening will bring but one thing is for sure, being on a paddleboard is about as safe as an activity gets during this pandemic and we have implemented measures to make sure the reservation and delivery process is as safe as it gets.
In-line with the governor re-opening the USVI for tourists, we will be back open for paddleboard rentals on June 1st. We deliver the paddleboards to the villas, usually the evening before the rental starts and we ask our guests to pay online and sign the release prior to delivery so the deliveries will be no contact. We will still mount the soft racks and load the boards for you and are happy to give you recommendations on where to paddle when delivering the boards.
A few changes due to covid19:
- Please reserve boards in advance here http://www.sup-stjohn.com/paddleboard/contact-us/ or via text to 340-514-5527 at least 24 hours in advance, no last minute I want boards now calls please we need time to sanitize equipment and pre-arrange paperwork. If weather does not cooperate or if you have covid related travel issues you can always reschedule free of charge.
- We ask for advance payment online via card or paypal or you can have an envelope with cash in the correct amount ready upon delivery.
- We will not be renting snorkel gear even with careful desinfection you never know we don’t think these are the times to share breathing equipment. We strongly recommend you purchase and bring your own masks. If you want to rent fins (which are bulky to carry), you can rent them for 20$ per week. Please let us know your shoe sizes in advance.
- All equipment will be desinfected upon pickup and before each delivery.
- We will be wearing masks for delivery as long as the mask guidance is in place
- We will not be doing lessons in the water for now but we can give you a quick run down of what to do and how to get up at your villa upon delivery
Here is our updated 2020 flyer.